Saturday, September 12, 2009

Flawed Logic

Ohhh, people never cease to disturb me with their thoughts. The most disturbing of these are the thoughts that justify abortion, the termination of an innocent human life.

While looking for another website, I stumbled upon this one.

This so called "logical" argument is nothing short of ridiculous.

"However, abortion is not infanticide, yet an insufficient number of pundits explain why. The question isn't where life begins, but where biologically independent life begins."

If you go by this "logic" then you believe that a new born baby is not a human being, leave one on your counter top for a couple of days, see what happens. A toddler is not a human being. A mentally handicapped person is not human. According to this so called logic, a person who was once considered a human being is capable of losing their "human status". I think most biologists would agree that this is simply not possible.

"The fetus may be life, but it is certainly not independent life, and for that reason the right of termination justly belongs to the mother."

What does it say about a person if they believe that a person only has worth if they can take care of themselves? You admit that the fetus is a life, but you want to deny it its right to life on the grounds that it can not survive independently. Yes it is a life, it is as much of a life as a quadriplegic, an old woman with dementia, a child with a mental handicap, a person in a coma. Why do you not deny them their right to life as well?

Doesn't sound very logical to me. It's completely absurd.

You say that because the mother must care for the fetus, then she should have the right to end its life. Then why not let people euthanize their elderly parents, or parents euthanize their children before they reach the age where they can be "independent"? Why not? They're not independent, so please give me a reason not to.

This is not logic, this is selfishness. And it deeply saddens me to see that women are being so horribly exploited by abortion and the idea of being given a "choice". But I will save that for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is epic amounts of ridiculous. If we're going by that logic, then I do not have "human status" and my mom should be able to kill me. I know that if I was shoved into the world and told to "take care of myself", i.e., get a residence, and provide everyday necessities for myself, I wouldn't be able to do it. Soo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they mean more like surviving in a sense that you can feed yourself and do things for yourself, but like I said there are plenty of people who have already been born that can't care for themselves and the fact that they aren't independent doesn't give anyone the right to kill them.

    ReplyDelete