Monday, September 28, 2009

Desperate Housewives Huge Disappointment


Spoiler Alert
: If you have not been caught up to the newest season of Desperate Housewives then don't continue reading this post (unless you want to spoil it for yourself of course).



Last season (season 5) of Desperate Housewives, my favorite show ever, Lynette discovered that at the age of 47, she is pregnant with twins, and is not happy about it. She makes it clear that she is not happy about it in the first episode of season six when she confesses to Tom that she does not love her unborn babies.

This brought to me the realization that this season Lynette is probably going to consider having an abortion. Anyone who knows me even a little knows that my world imploded when I realized this. What a way to ruin a show. It started last season, they started bringing more politics into their episodes, which I found annoying. People watch shows like Desperate Housewives to escape reality, they don't want to hear about how bad the economy is when they're trying to relax. And to bring such a touchy issue into the series, in my opinion, is a big mistake. If Lynette makes a bad decision and decides to get an abortion, I don't know if I will be watching this show anymore. I don't want to watch shows that condone the murder of innocent children.

No comments:

Post a Comment