Sunday, September 6, 2009

Detroit Turkey Trot 2009, Job Hunt, Can't Sleep

My mind is far to busy to let me sleep, hence, blogging at 4:44 AM

I am very hungry but I can't go downstairs to get something to eat because my mom is sleeping on the couch...probably because my dad is snoring too loud.

I'm planning on starting running again tomorrow (or today, whatever). I have found new motivation, my cousin Jen and I are going to run the Detroit Turkey Trot 10k on Thanksgiving morning. I'm so excited!!

I really used to hate running. I ran cross country my freshman year in high school and I absolutely loathed it. I just hated it. But now that I have learned good running form and how to breathe properly, it has become much easier and much more fun for me. Maybe I'm just more mature now than I was at 14, I love the challenge. And a challenge it is. I am so out of shape! I can barely run for 4 minutes at five miles an hour. How sad is that?! Anyway, I'm hoping to really get a lot better at it in the near future, build up some good stamina. Seriously I'm so excited for this race that I could dance a jig right now. :D

I really must say, this website is not very user friendly at all. I realized today that when I follow someone, the little icon that shows up on their page does not show my picture or the URL to my blog. It used to, and now it doesn't and I have no idea why. I have pressed practically every button on this website and I can't figure out how to change it. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

I applied for two jobs yesterday. I sent my resume to a real estate office, and to a hotel. The hotel is very close to my house, but the ad for the real estate office position was extremely vague, all I know about it is that it's a receptionist/clerical position and it pays $8.00-$10.00/hr. (I hope if I get hired I get paid $10 :D) Ugh, the thought of having another job where I have to answer phones terrifies me though. The last time I had to answer phones at a job, it was a never ending stress-fest, mainly because I had no idea what I was doing and I just know I was driving my co-workers insane. Not exactly a self esteem/confidence booster for me. Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive about it, maybe this time I'll be better at it, or they'll give me better training or something. I decided that I don't want to wake up one morning, 85 years old, and realize that I lived my life (or didn't live my life) in fear, I can't hide from the world forever, I'm just going to have to give myself a chance. And for goodness sake, I'm tired of bring broke!

Okay, time to give sleeping another shot, it is now 5:02 AM. I want to be rested for my first run in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment