Friday, October 2, 2009

Long Week and Moral Relativism

It is Friday, and the week is over, it was a long one. I'm really looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I studied most of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday for my Biology test that was supposed to be on Wednesday, but my teacher got sick so it was canceled and moved to Monday. I know I'm ready though because I studied really hard and I feel like I pretty much memorized all three chapters.

I also babysat my little cousin Joe on Wednesday and Thursday this week, and I had a lot of fun doing it. We played outside a lot which I really liked, I love being outside, and the weather was beautiful. We built a squirrel trap in his backyard which was a little difficult but still fun to do, and we also went to a river down the street from his house. We watched cray fish in the water, skipped stones, and watched sticks flow down the river.

Today I had my Sociology class and we ended up on the topic of drug dealing. One person in my class believes that it is okay to sell drugs. His thought process behind this? "Some people gotta pay their bills." That is completely ridiculous to me. Don't people realize what drugs to do people? Is it okay for someone to sell drugs to pay their bills at the expense of someone else's life and family? Drugs kill people, selling drugs for a living is completely immoral. I found that comment very disturbing and personally offensive. I watch the show "Intervention" and in that show you see what a negative impact drugs have on people. Drugs destroy people's bodies, their lives, and the lives of family members. It breaks my heart to find that people think it is okay to do something so immoral, but I guess that's what happens when people become moral relativists.

No comments:

Post a Comment