Monday, August 24, 2009

Shy and Unemployed

Today is Monday, one of my two last days before school starts again on Wednesday.

I'm actually kind of nervous for school to start, like I'm nervous but excited at the same time. I feel like this was the longest summer ever, because I got out much earlier than I ever did in high school or grade school. I also feel like I haven't been in touch with the human race in months.

I'm so painfully shy that it kind of makes going back to school to new classes a painful experience.

But I have a few goals for this year. This year I want to get a 4.0 both semesters. First semester I got a 3.8 but the second semester I got like a 1.7...I hate the winter semester, ugh.

I also want to make at least one new friend this year. I didn't really put any effort into meeting new people last year, and I'm thinking that I should, just for the sake of getting over my shyness. I should probably stop assuming that people hate me from the moment they see me haha.

And finally, I have to get a job. I have been out of work pretty much since I got laid off from the best job ever in August of '08. I did work for a cleaning company for a few months but they literally were not paying me, so I quit. And once again, my shyness and lack of self confidence holds me back. What else is new? But yeah, this year I'm definitely going to make it happen, I am going to get a new job.

In other news, I started week three of my eight week running program. Remember how I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it? Well, I almost couldn't. It was so hard, oh my gosh, but I finished it. Of course I was so weak and exhausted afterwords that I barely did any strength training that I would normally do, but whatever.

I have another blog post in the works but it requires some research, so that will be coming as soon as I can do the reading that I need to in order to write it.

Okay, there's the update on my life for anyone whose actually interested. Peace <3

No comments:

Post a Comment