Friday, August 28, 2009

Neopets and the Perfect Job

I have recently rediscovered my neopets obsession. When I was younger, probably about ten or eleven, I was absolutely obsessed with this website, it's very addicting. For those who have never heard of this site or don't really know what it is, it is a free website that allows you to own up to four "neopets" which are little cartoon pets that you take care of and play with. You feed them, you can buy them clothes, read them books, play games with them, battle with them, and a lot of other stuff. There are tons of things to do to earn "neopoints" which is what you use to buy things on the site (food, toys, books, clothes etc.).

The best part is that it has barely changed since I was a kid, I'm really glad they kept it simple and didn't try to over-improve it. It is wonderful the way it is.


My mom found a posting for a job opening at a hospital that sounds absolutely perfect for me. I'm sure it pays well, but honestly, I don't care if it only pays minimum wage, all I want, is to be spared being stressed to the point of a nervous break down. This would be a perfect job for me because I have all the experience I need, and I don't have to handle money or deal with the public! Perfect!

So on Monday morning I am going to make a call to have someone at my school help me improve my resume so I can apply for the job. I am really praying for this job because I am sick of being broke, and I need some more structure in my life. For me, too much free time means too much opportunity to procrastinate. If I have to go to school and work at the same time, it will be either keep up, or fail. And I am not going to fail, that is not an option.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment