Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back To School and Running

School is getting ready to start again, which means there's a lot for me to do to make sure I'm ready.

I finally got my schedule all put together, it took me a while ha ha. I'm taking biology, english, sociology, and a computer class (which will be easy). The computer class is an internet class, I'm interested in seeing how that will go, if I like it I might take more of them. I much prefer not having to leave my house for school, then I don't have to worry about waking up late or the weather or what to pack for my lunch etc. etc.

I got a new comfy chair for my desk, I got it from a sale my dad's work was having for five bucks, it's in really good condition and much more comfortable than the one I had before. Plus, it spins!

I'm currently working on cleaning up my room and my desk space, I can't stand working in a mess! I got all my school clothes hung up in my closet. I barely had enough hangers and my clothing supply is starting to get too big for my closet...what a problem to have.

After my room is all clean I'm going to ask my dad to put up my new shelves and finally get my ceiling fan put in. I've been without a light in my room for about a year. I've been using a floor lamp but it's on its last leg...what do you expect for ten bucks?

I also need to clean out my car, it's not that I have a ton of stuff in there, it just needs to be vacuumed and such.

I've been doing a lot of running lately. I started this eight week running program for beginning runners, and it has been a pleasant experience so far. I ran cross country my freshman year in high school and I absolutely hated it. Freshman year my doctor told me that I have sports induced asthma and just gave me an inhaler for it, which didn't really help all that much. The combination of not knowing how to breathe while running and my asthma, made it more difficult than it should have been.

After doing a lot of research I realized that I had never been breathing the right way while running. Breathing correctly while running does wonders, you get a lot more air into your lungs by breathing through your nose and mouth simultaneously. Also, staying hydrated before during and after running makes it a lot less painful, the only time my asthma bothers me now is when I'm dehydrated. Knowing all this is making me a better, happier runner. Sunday or Monday I'll be starting week three of my eight week running program. Wish me luck! I'm kind of nervous that I won't be able to do it, because it looks significantly harder than week two.

My Running Program

That's pretty much it. Maybe I'll post pictures of my room when it's all done, it's so pretty!

2 comments:

  1. hey - what running program are you on? what is the schedule like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it pretty much just helps you build stamina, I found it on about.com :]

    example: week two is walk for five minutes then run for two, repeat three times,

    week three is walk for three minutes then run for four, repeat four times

    by the time you get to week eight you're supposed to be able to walk five minutes to warm up then run for twenty minutes then do a five minute cool down.

    http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/ht/getstarted.htm

    hey what's up with your user name? are you a whatifer like me?? haha

    ReplyDelete