Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I Love You Man" and Spiders

Has anyone seen the movie "I Love You Man"? (It's a great movie you should check it out)

The story is about a guy, Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd). Peter has no guy friends, and when he asks his girlfriend, Zooey (Rashida Jones), to marry him, he realizes that he has nobody to be his best man. I don't want to give too much away, so basically, this realization prompts him to begin his search for some guy friends to add to the wedding party, and ultimately a best man/best friend.

The reason I bring this up is because Peter Klaven, reminds me of me. He is so socially awkward it almost seems impossible. But when I watch him, I see myself. He's always nervous and awkward, not knowing what to say, and when he does say something it comes out as gibberish or making no sense at all (layta on tha menjay!). This is me! If you want to see how socially awkward I really am then you have to see this movie because it is a dead ringer for how I am in the social world (plus it's hilarious).

Fun fact: I got my fish's name from this movie.

Okay moving on, today was my first bio lab, and I thought I was going to hate it for a couple of reasons: 1. I have always hated doing science labs in the past and 2. I seem to always get a partner that doesn't particularly like me (or it could just be my imagination). But today actually wasn't that bad. The lab was actually kind of fun (for school anyway) and my partner was nice so I didn't feel really nervous. It was a good class.

I also have to add before I post this blog, while I was writing this a spider ran across my desk and scared the crap out of me. I saw it gasped, got up, walked to the other side of the room, and almost passed out. I hate spiders, and they know it, I swear they do.

2 comments: