Friday, August 14, 2009

Guilt Free Movie Nachos Courtesy of Tae Bo

Ten days ago I decided to embark on my own fitness journey. I've always been thin, but I've never been in very good physical shape. This was made very clear to me on my summer trip to Gettysburg, when I got winded and worn out walking up three flights of stairs. Three flights of stairs should be a cinch for a nineteen year old girl haha. So I remembered that last Christmas I got this Tae Bo Amped workout set, that I asked for but had never used.


It comes with five full length workouts that last from 30-50 minutes. A 3lb amplifier bar, and Billy Blanks' Weight Loss Success Guide, that is full of diet and healthy eating tips, and instruction on proper form for the workouts.

I started out on day one with the first workout in the DVD case: Jump Start Cardio. The first time I did it I found it extremely hard and was very worn out by the end of it. I've been doing these Tae bo exercises almost every single day since I started ten days ago. The second time I did the Jump Start Cardio routine, I still found it to be a very good workout, but it was noticeably easier than the first time I had done it. I have gained strength, tone, and stamina in just ten days of doing Tae Bo and eating healthy. And I have lost 5lbs.

Anyway, everyone who has ever tried to lose weight, get in shape, or change their eating habits knows that there just has got to be that one day where healthy eating goes completely out the window. For me, yesterday was one of those days. I didn't go completely overboard and binge all day long, but I definitely didn't eat well. I went to the movies with my mom, and I could not resist the movie theater nachos. (1100 calories, 59 grams of fat, 18 of them saturated) and as I knew I would I deeply regretted it later. And promptly fed my remorse with a gigantic chunk of fudge! But I don't feel guilty anymore after doing my Tae Bo because I know I got a really good work out, and burned tons of calories.

2 comments:

  1. you counted the calories of movie nachos? ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i'm a bit of a perfectionist. but come on. 18 grams of saturated fat?! YUCK

    ReplyDelete