Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Consistent Information Would Help

For a while now, people in this country have complained about the growing obesity problem we're facing. We blame this obesity problem on the fast food industry, television, laziness, etc.

But I think there's more to it than that. I think that there are a lot of people who want to lose weight, eat healthy, and get in shape. But I think that a lot of people fail because they are confused about food, and how to eat healthy, which causes them to become frustrated and eventually give up.

The cause of their confusion? A gigantic lack of consistent information. One day whole milk will help you lose weight, the next, it's causing your weight gain. One day's headlines tell us green tea is the answer to our prayers, the next, your body only absorbs a minimal amount of the tea you drink.

Where is the truth? It's completely understandable that people would get confused, I'm confused! I'm confused and frustrated because I don't know what's myth and what's fact, because I'm constantly being fed conflicting information.

What we need here, is consistent information, that isn't changing from one day to the next. I'm not saying that this is the main cause of obesity, but I do believe that it largely contributes to the problem, and that there would be more people eating healthy if they knew what they were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment