Friday, November 13, 2009

Cops and Sociolgy

Okay, every week I look forward to my Sociology class. But I usually end up with a headache from people's arguments giving me a headache. But seriously, this person in my class pisses me off every single week. This week he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't believe that anyone should be held accountable for anything they do or have to follow any rules. He kept talking about how all cops are ass holes and all the stupid reasons why he or someone he has known has gotten arrested. Guess what, they all got arrested for breaking the law, i.e. being intoxicated in public, carrying illegal drugs on them so on and so forth. Those rules are in place for your safety and for the safety of the people around you. I'm not denying that some cops are total dicks, but not all of them are, and when they arrest you for breaking the law they're not being ass holes, they're doing their job. If you don't want to get arrested then don't break the law, otherwise don't complain. That just shows what a juvenile view he has of the world, getting mad at the people enforcing the rules he was breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment